The second day of Action August grabbed the attention of local media across the country, as OFA volunteers held grassroots events demanding the House take action on comprehensive immigration reform. Here are some of the highlights:
- St. Louis Public Radio reported on two OFA rallies at Representatives Blaine Luetkemeyer's and Ann Wagner's offices.
- The local ABC affiliate in Knoxville, Tennessee highlighted an OFA rally to pressure Representative John Duncan.
- In Texas, news-journal.com wrote about a pro-immigration panel which included OFA volunteers.
- Rallies in New York made headlines, as the Times Herald-Record reported on an OFA event directed at Representative Chris Gibson.
- ABC Las Vegas highlighted an immigration reform rally organized by OFA in front of Representative Joe Heck's office.
Grassroots events like these are continuing all month. If you want to demand progress on important issues like climate change and gun violence prevention, find an Action August event in your community.